Thursday, March 13, 2008

Live from MGH

My partner Grace Talusan is here at Massachusetts General Hospital for a revision of the dual mastectomy/ reconstructive surgery that she had in December of 2007. While we have both been assured that this will be easy compared to the previous surgery, the idea of Grace going under the knife again makes me feel anxious and angry. Why did she have to inherit the breast cancer gene? Lucky for me she is brave and lovely as ever. For more of Grace's story and her amazing work, see her blog: http://gracetalusan.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm your first commenter. Just got out of surgery. Thanks for being so supportive and great!

Joy of Music Blog said...

Hi Alonso-I'm a student and friend of Grace's and therefore I adore you too. Sending much love and a big hooray from way day south in dixie.

Alonso Nichols said...

Thanks, la vantura! How far south? I'm originally from Kentucky, so I know a bit about the South. Thanks for stopping by!

Joy of Music Blog said...

Dear A.N.-

It is fabulous that you and Grace are home safely. Pleae give her my love.

I'm in D.C. But, my hubbie is from N.C. So, I'm a Yankee to him but a southern bumpkin to my Greek Bostonian family. It's a matter of perspective.

I love your photography. You do with a camera what Grace does with words: Magic.

Now get some sleep.

xxxLa V.

LizaT said...

Oh! great way to connect with you here, Lons! -liza